(First) Imperial Act of Non-Exploitation
The Imperial Act of Nonexploitation was passed in TE 123, five
years after the discovery of the Kien Khwei, and was required
by the Kien Khwei as a condition of opening the Kao Li trading
hegemony for Imperial trade.
Major provisions of the Act included:
- Guaranteed native government.
- Minimal Imperial contact unless specifically requested.
- Native government to decide on all use of profits
accruing from trade with the Empire.
- Human colony members and descendants agree to peacably and
permanently vacate planet if ordered by (a) native government,
or (b) Imperial government.
- If provision (4) is not followed, Imperial Navy will enforce
it at request of native government.
- All natives eternally and irrevocably granted the full rights
due to all Human Imperial citizens, excluding right of Galactic
franchise. Any conflct between rights of Human colonists and
natives will automatically be decided in favor of natives. Only
an Imperial Court of Inquiry will be empowered to reverse this
- When possible, all Colonial matters (excluding contact with
Empire) will be conducted in or translated
into native language whenever natives are present; native language
is strongly encouraged for colonist use at all other times.
- All questions of natives to be answered truthfully and completely,
except for matters involving Imperial Security.
copyright © 2003, Don Sakers
All rights reserved