The Imperial Throne was never really hereditary.
In fact, by law each Emperor/Empress nominated his/her own successor,
who was then approved by the Imperial Council.
Each new Emperor, however, was confirmed by a vote of the Council before taking office, so the potential
(at least) existed for the Council to
name its own choice.
Notes from the Diagram
- Judy Kuchta was Cathie Kuchta's
first choice for successor; however, Judy refused the Throne
in TE 275, so it passed to Cathie's
son, Philip Lütken.
- Joan Fodon refused the Throne in TE 302, following the death
of her mother, Ellen Fodon. The Throne
passed to Ellen's brother Dirk
Fodon, with great conqequences for the Empire.
- Alex Leonov, Sr. (aka Alex Major)
filed a refusal of the Throne in TE 321; it therefore passed
to his son, Alex Leonov (aka Alex
- Edward Tattersall acted as Regent for his daughter Mary
Tattersall from TE 401-406.
- Conrad Kuchta abdicated the Throne
in TE 471 without designating a successor. As rival claimants
battled one another, the First Terran Empire disintegrated.
copyright © 2003, Don Sakers
All rights reserved